How to Apply for US Visa in Nigeria
US visa application. US visa nigeria. US visa application nigeria. How much does US visa cost? What are the required US visa documents? How much is US visa form? What are US visa fee payment channels? What are US visa types? What are US visa requirements? Can US visa fee be paid online? When to book US visa appointment? How to apply for US visa in Nigeria?
If traveling to US is on your agenda, if you have the intention of going to US for business, visiting, studying, or for anything legitimate, you will have to obtain a US visa here in Nigeria.
US, as it is commonly called stands for the United States of America, or the United States.
- It is a country that is comprised of 50 states.
- It is the world’s 3rd or 4th largest country by total area.
- It is the 3rd most populated country in the world.
- The capital of US is Washington DC, while New York City is the biggest city in the country.
- The United States Dollar (USD, $) is the official currency used for financial and economic activities in the United States.
All over the world, the United States is a very popular and sought after travel destinations. People enter US in numbers yearly seeking to study, work, do business, and other purposes in the rich North American country. Yearly an estimated 220,000 visa applications are submitted to the USA Embassy by Nigerians. That’s a really high number. But there is no need for you to be frightened because following this guide and following the right steps will go a long way to ensure you success in your US visa application.
Continue to read through this article to know how to apply for US visa in Nigeria, the US visa types available for Nigerians, the US visa application method, requirements, and where the US embassy in Nigeria in located.
US visa types
Generally, US visa types are categories into two:
- US immigrant visa
- US non-immigrant visa
US Immigrant Visas
The US immigrant visas are visas issued to foreigners who plan to live permanently in America.
US Non-immigrant Visas
The US Non-Immigrant visas are are visas that are issued to foreigners who intend to visit America for a period of time. It is issued to business men and women, tourists, students as well as visitors.
US visa can further be classified into
- US study visa – This is the US type of visa that is issued to foreigners who intend to travel to US for the purpose of studying. Processing time is between 1 to 3 months and the duration of stay stretches through the applicants study duration. The most important requirement for this type of US visa is an admission form or acceptance letter from the school or institute of the applicants interest in America.
- US transit visa – This type of US visa is issued to non-citizens who are going to be passing through America to other countries. Processing time for this kind of visa is usually 5 – 7 days, and are generally valid for up to 30 days from the date of issue.
- US tourist visa / US business visa – These US visa types are issued to foreigners going to America with the intentions of doing business, going for tourism, medical check up, or visitation. Processing time can take up to 60 days and the visa validity is anywhere between 1 – 10 years.
- US resident and work visa – This type of US visa is usually issued to foreigners who are looking to reside in America permanently, or for those traveling to US to work temporarily.
US visa fees
- US study visa = $160
- US transit visa = $160
- US tourist visa = $160
- US business visa = $160
- US resident and work visa = $190
US visa requirements
- A valid international passport
- Recent passport photos
- Admission letter (in the case of study visa)
- Latest school results/transcripts (in the case of study visa)
- Medical report
- Police affidavit showing that you’re free from crime
- Proof of financial sustainability
- Other documents that will support your visa application
Where to apply
After you have gathered genuine copies of the above listed requirements, and have paid the stipulated us visa fee, you are expected to proceed to the US embassy in Nigeria for completion of your application. READ How to Apply for UK Visa in Nigeria
US Embassies in Nigeria
US Embassy Abuja
Embassy of the United States
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive. Central District Area. Abuja, Nigeria
US Embassy Lagos
United States Consulate General
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island. Nigeria
Any other enquiries can be made on the official website of the US embassy.
We are delighted that you have made it this far on the topic how to apply for US visa in Nigeria with us. It is our believe that everything we have included in this article will be useful for you or for someone you know, but in the case of any suggestions, questions, or further consultation, please send us a message by clicking this button and stating your request.
Alternatively, you can leave a comment for us in the comments section below and we will communicate with you.